Sunday, August 28, 2005

My cheeks are hot...

I'm drunk.

I've just spent the last 2 days moving into our new house...me and my mom (who has a bad back) decided that we could do it on our own. 4 full U-haul trucks later, I figured out too late that no, we can't do it on our own. Not with out wanting to stab myself with a blunt knife into my left eye. (I'm a lefty so it only makes sense...). The sad thing is that between the 2 of us our stuff took 4 very large truck loads and we still haven't gotten everything.

I live in Nebraska, so of course 75 degree weather feels like 95 degrees with the humidity...Mix that with me and 78 boxes of which each weigh a good 40-50 lbs each...makes for more sweat than should be humanly possible.

I've decided to celebrate with margaritas. 6 of them...so far. So for the last 2 hours I've been sitting at the computer desk trying to read about hurricane katrina and listening to 'Swing Life Away' by Rise Against. I bought the song on iTunes after i'd heard it several times on the radio. Thought it was a good song, I liked the mellowness of it. Well after 4 drinks, I got to listening to the lyrics and realized...what the shit?

Let us disect this 'shit'...

A. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours first, lets compare scars i'll tell you who's is worst". The first part of that line sounds like he's talking about private parts. and "..i'll tell you who's is worst". Is that even proper english? Not in my grammer book.

B."We get by just fine here on minimum wage...If love is a labor I'll slave till the end". Okay very sweet and induring, sounds like something you could stitch on a pillow. But when you put those lines together, it seems like you're being paid minimum wage for laboring over love. And really, should you be getting paid for loving?? Sounds a little scetchy if you ask me.

C. "I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand". What, are you like 5 years old? Cross the damn street on your own.. And if you are 5, my above statement comes into question. Why are you loving someone else? And for minimum wage none the less?

I don't really like this song anymore...I've listened to it on repeat for the last 2 hours.

Oh, my! I was just looking for a new song to listen to on repeat...I found one...oh did I ever! 'Feeling Good' by Nina Simone very blue-sy...oh I'm lovin' it.

"Birds flyin' high you know how i feel... Sun in the sky you know how i feel... Breeze driftin' on by you know how i feel... Its a new dawn its a new day, it's a new life for me...

*****

We bought 'Hint of Lime' chips to go with our southwestern theme celebration. And to my surprise, 'Hint of Lime' chips do NOT sit well with tequila. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT eat chips with a 'Hint of Lime' unless you want a 'Hint of Vomit' in your mouth 6 drinks into your evening.

I'm now done with my 6th margarita, and i'm eying the tequila and margarita mix like a starving child looking at a loaf of bread. Both are within my reach...should I? Shouldn't I?

****

I'm on my 7th margarita.

****

Just so we're all clear, this post is being created over about a 3 hour time span...Maybe an 2 hours, but no less!

I just realized that after i bought Rise Against's 'Swing Life Away' off of iTunes, it's on Netscape music FOR FREE! What a waste of money...Do you have any idea what I could have done with that $.99? I live 3 minutes away from a $1 general store...the possibilities are endless.

****

I'm pretty drunk right now. The sad thing is that I'm all by my lonesome. I would say that the only thing worse than a drunk, is a lonely drunk. But I'm not really 'a drunk' I'm just drunk. So I guess it doesn't count.

I'm on Netscape Music right now, and I thought I'd try listening to some Hillary duff to see if my reaction is any different while intoxicated...After careful analysis, I've decided that no, she still sounds like howling dog.

I'm having trouble typing. Good night.

P.s. Anamika, I will post my interview questions tomorrow!!!

No comments: