Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The only thing worse than a rude person is a person who is being rude just for the sake of being rude. I had a customer come in today to buy cigarettes, and man oh man was he a real ass! The guy was probably in his early 50's and he came in with one of those huge check books...more like a check binder, I think they're only for businesses. Didn't say hello in return or anything, just looked up long enough to point and ask(more like demand) 3 packs of Marlboro's. I went ahead and got them, proceeded to ring them up on the register and then asked hime if there would be anything else with his purchase today. He looked at me as if I had started rambling off in a language very much foreign to him, then said no in the rudest way possible. His total came to $11.20 and he wrote out his check and handed it to me. We run our checks electronically on the spot to keep us from excepting bad ones, the only problem is that sometimes the check machine won't except business check...though sometimes it will. So I go to the machine to run it, and the guy says to me as if he were employee of the month; "NO, the check will not go through, so DO NOT put it in there!" I looked at him and said in the sweetest most polite way possible, "Sir, I've got it, thank you". What I really wanted to say is "Why the fuck don't you leave the cashier handling procedures to me and I'll leave the fugly old white man job to you....Oh and smoke a few more packs a day to speed up the process, thank you, and come again"! Of course that would not be in my nature, now would it? The icing on the cake for this situation was when he asked for a book of matches. Now for anyone that smokes, you'll know that many gas stations offer a complementary book of matches when you buy a pack of cigarettes. Our company is not soo anal retentive that it requires you give out NO MORE than 1 book per customer, but it's pretty much common sense that 1 is ample amount for one person. Well Mr. jack ass had this to say to me when I handed him 'only' 1 book of matches to him; "Hello in there(refering to my brain?) 3 packs would mean 3 book of matches...it's not as if it were rocket science or anything". I couldn't make this shit up even if I tried!

In regards to my previous post, I've gotten quite a few comments from you guys taking to heart my CNL (Christmas Needs List). Just so you know, I don't expect any of you to supply me with any of these items that will be sparatically posted in the coming months.The adult part of me is posting the CNL as a mental note written down, while the child in me posts the CNL in hopes that the big fat guy in the red suit will be reading blogs to help him distinguish the naughty and nice of bloggers. I love you guys and if anything would just like a post card, other wise just blogging with you is more than enough for this purdy lady!

Speaking of my CNL....

Item #2 of Need:



A vintage shirt. I feel the need to conform, and though this fashion trend is probably very close to dead if not already, I'm still game. I found this site and found a few that made me and the voices in my head laugh.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR VINTAGE SHIRT LOGO WOULD BE!
It can be one that you saw and liked, or you can let the originality pour out and make one up! I have no originality whatsoever...so I'll need time on this one.

Going to bed because I have to wake up at 4am...

4 comments:

Ms. Adventures said...

OK here's what my logo would be
http://www.trippintees.com/images/ikeepsitM.jpg

That stupid asshole jerk! Talkin' to our Michaela that way! Why I Otta!!!!x&@*$#%

Michaela said...

Yeah, I can handle grumpy people, I kill them with kindness then drag their anonymity thru the mud on my blog!

That is too funny that you picked the same shirt! It was one of many that made me smile...

The best thing is when you get a real jerk come in to buy beer and he has something wrong with his ID...Happened to me once, he yelled at me for giving him the wrong lottery numbers, and when I went to check his ID it was cracked and the laminate was peeling off (which can mean fake ID) so I refused to sell the beer to him. HAHA I have the power to cut off your booze supply!! I could tell he was old enough, but didn't let on to it... He was not a happy camper after that. "How do ya like me now cowboy"??

Michaela said...

That's right, I've got Wonder Woman to put the fear of God in them!!

Anonymous said...

Hey all. Check out this! It's a really cool website I found.