Thursday, November 17, 2005

ARRGGHH!
I'm bored. I don't have my class tonight, so I'm at home just jollybloggin'. I'm in the mood to make up new words. Deal.
You know what is just down right annoying? Hearing a new song on the radio, but having not a clue in the world who sings it. Generally this happens when it's a new artist. Case and point? I heard this great new song in the car the other day, and realized that I must have it. It sounded EXACTLY like Maroon 5 (which I don't normally care for). After extraordinary efforts were made to try and find this song online, but nothing. It didn't help that I had no song title to help me out, just the melody in my head. Feeling frustrated and at my wits end after long horrid hours of searching with no luck, I gave in and went to a local CD store. I thought for sure that the musically gifted employees could assist me in my heroic efforts. I get there and provide a young man by the name of Trey with all the following information I had on this song: "1. Sounds like Maroon 5 (but also sounds like a man sucking helium after being kicked in the ball sack), 2. Somewhat slow-going song, I'd get freaky to it...how about you Trey? Me, you, and a man with a bruised nut sack and a balloon?!?!? 3. And I distinctly remember the phrase 'flying high'...and Trey, just between you and me...I don't think he was talking about an aircraft ;)"
I think I may have scared the poop and piss out of Trey. Too much for such a low paying part-time job I bet. I don't blame him, I hate it when the crazies come in looking for 'information'. After all was said and done, he didn't seem to have a clue what the hell I was talking about, so directed my to their wonderful Maroon 5 collection. He said to me "here's our Maroon 5 inventory, sounds like Maroon 5, and is complete with a high pitched ball sack injured sounding singer...Sleezy sexual inuendos, and if you're lucky their may be reference to being cracked out on drugs." *Thinks hard in confusion* "I think that's the first time I've ever used those as selling points".
I didn't buy that CD, but the good news is I heard the song on the radio again shortly after that odd experience and discovered that it is by a new artist named James Blunt. He's an import from somewhere.. Maybe Ireland or England. The song is called "You're Beautiful" good stuff there. I ended up searching on iTunes for it, and found it, but to my surprise I found an even better song by him called "Goodbye My Lover" and oh my Gawd! The tears would not stop! Can you say 'LEAKY FAUCET'??
Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.
**********************
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
**********************
I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.
**********************
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
**********************
And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bare my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.
**********************
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a few Random Thoughts for the road...
- Orange Tic Tacs DO NOT compensate for a snack! I now realize why they print on packaging "Not a significant source of calories". Doesn't even crave hunger. I speak from very recent experience...
***********
-Hot sauce really can be put on anything.
***********
- Scratch that, hot sauce CAN NOT be put on Tic Tacs! blahhgg!
***********
-Michaela needs to remember that cough drops are NOT candy.
***********
-Mom does not like it when I refer to cooking utensils as surgical utensils.
***********
-I too would like to shake my belly like a bowl full of jelly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good night and wishful thinking!

6 comments:

FRITZ said...

::(psst):: I have a secret: sometimes, when no one is around, I listen to 'alternative pop' like James Blunt. And I enjoy it.

The Impeccable Beast has turned ME onto folk-rock singer Ray Lemontagne. I think you might like him.

You crack me the hell up. We'd tear Omaha apart.

Michaela said...

you the man...or the yak, Harry Yak.

Rowan said...

Hey, just finally took the time to read your profile (duh!) and people are always telling me that my husband looks like John Cusack (he's constantly asked for autographs!) what do you think?

Rowan said...

hmmm...I like the lyrics of this, but sorry, never heard of James Blunt....I'll have to look for this one...

Rowan said...

just acquired this james blunt song.....what a wonderful one! I'm going to add this to playlist, already a favourite.

Anonymous said...

Hey all. Check out this! It's a really cool website I found.