Years ago my mother prided herself with the fact that if worldly destruction came upon us, we would be well fed for a good 5 years with her healthy wholesome homemade canned food. We had everything...applesauce, salsa, chili sauce, a variety of jams including: strawberry, peach, raspberry, wildberry, applebutter, jalapeano, blueberry...Also canned veggies: pickles and beets, chili beean dip, tomato sauce, tomato puree, and whole tomatoes.
I believe the last time she canned something was in 1997, and what would ya know...WE STILL HAVE CANNED GOODS that is now 8 YEARS OLD! I'm not willing to put my stomach and my lacking gag reflex on the line for a possible glitch in the preservation-of-food-thru-canning system!!! I bring this up because my mom made a lovely dinner tonight, and thought it would be nice to have a generous serving of her famous applesauce with our pork. I trust 8 year old applesauce about as much as I trust 2 week old raw beef!
Today I spent a few hours outside doing yard work. It was a beautiful day to be out! It's hard to believe that it's still in the mid 70's in the middle of October...Hard to believe in Nebraska! I'm like 4 minutes walking distance from Jocelyn Castle, which is just shy of of being the most beautiful place in the Midwest.
Have a creative evening young ones!
- ► 2006 (45)
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! EAT LOTS OF CANDY!
- I had the wierdest dream last night!I was inside t...
- Take the quiz: "Which Horror Movie Are You?"The Cr...
- I didn't realize that I went a whole week without ...
- I HAVE A LOVE?HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE LISTS.....
- I don't know what to say....My brain is empty! I j...
- Good news: I'm not going to Hell & crazy socks are...
- MAPS MAPS
- You know you're at Wal-mart
- Applesauce and such
- What do ya know...bored AGAIN!!
- Bored...On A Friday!!!!
- Sorry for the craziness!!!!!
- Don't get too comfortable...
- The Mighty Golden Arches and Cheez-It
- The Wonder of Midtown
- How Could I Forget?
- Dream Analysis Anyone??
- What did you do today?
- ▼ October (19)