Friday, May 12, 2006

20 is not much different than 19...

So I turned 20 on Sunday..Yay me! It was a nice calm day, not a whole lot going on. My sister got me a very very special gift...an iPod Shuffle and oh my sweet relish I'm in love with it! She got me a couple of other cute little things which were the cherries to top off the iPod. I told my mom not to get anything because we're really trying to conserve money right now, and if I had gotten anything I know that I would have constantly been thinking about which bills could have been paid in exchange for it.

To really make the day special, my dad called me and talked to me for a few minutes. He asked how life was and how the dog was doing. After a few minutes he said he had to go and that I should keep in touch with him...click! Not one mention of my birthday...AT ALL! It just figures that he would completely forget about my birthday. I still have not let him in on the big secret that was my birthday. I figure that when his birthday rolls around in July and he calls expecting presents...my gift to him will be a tour through the hall of shameful fathers that forget their childrens birthdays!

Not much else exciting going on around here. Just work and not a whole lot of play. As is usual in my extremely boring life...

Toodles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chaelly... I enjoyed this post a lot! But just to let you know... Dad's birthday is in june ;)

Michaela said...

yes, that was indeed a typo. But very funy non the less.

Thank you for the card, it was very nice of you! And I agree that I never see you anymore...but I am just a phone call away.

Rowan said...

happy birfday honey

i can only hope my kids will one day be as considerate and sweet as you are.